The Dulcimer Shoppe

Discussion threads tucked away for browsing or searching

The Dulcimer Shoppe

Postby Steve Smith » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:10 pm

If you've been to Mountain View, Arkansas you've probably visited The Dulcimer Shoppe, home of McSpadden Mountain Dulcimers. Friendly folks, a nice shop, and some of the best mountain dulcimers in the world. A website has appeared at thedulcimershoppe.com which makes itself appear to be connected with McSpaddens. It is not. It is rather poorly put together as a web store, and they have even stolen photos from the McSpadden catalog. Keep in mind that the real website is http://www.mcspaddendulcimers.com/ and is a great place to learn about their dulcimers. (By the way, I'm not connected with them in any way - I just play several of their instruments and have had great times in their shop, too!)
Steve Smith
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby Gail Knapp » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:49 pm

Ah, thanks for the warning Steve. that sort of thing is unacceptable in my dulcimer world and yours too, I know.Mad! GailK
Gail Knapp

Re: The Dulcimer Shoppe

Postby JOERO » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:57 am

I recently ran into this "other dulcimershop" web site when trying to get on McSpadden's. Confused me for a while but finally found the right one.
JOERO
Member (51-100 posts)

Re: The Dulcimer Shoppe

Postby Steve Smith » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Wow, that's going back a little bit! Luckily, the website I originally posted about has disappeared.

Just so no one is confused, there is now a "The Dulcimer Shop" website, but it's not the "Shoppe" website I was talking about. This one is legit, and although they stock McSpadden's, they don't pretend to be them. Big difference. (And nice folks, too!)
Steve Smith

Return to The Archives