"Call Me" - acoustic, live version on MD

If you put a video on the web, announce it here You can easily embed your Youtube or Vimeo videos into your post.

See this topic for more info on embedding videos into your posts!

http://www.everythingdulcimer.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29333

"Call Me" - acoustic, live version on MD

Postby Sam E. » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 am

Last weekend, I was a featured artist at the Folk Music Society of New York's Fall Weekend. (Hammered dulcimer champion Dan Duggan's trio was the other featured act, and they were wonderful.) I opened my Saturday concert set with this acoustic version of "Call Me," by Blondie. (I say "acoustic," because I also have an electric version of this on YouTube.) I introduced this as a jig, collected somewhere around New York City in the last century by a folklorist named Deborah Harry. :twisted:

They tend to be a more traditional-oriented audience, so my two sets were all-acoustic. In fact, the next morning, I was chatting with one audience member, and when I asked if she had a particular favorite song from my set, she said, "The traditional one." Since I didn't play any traditional songs, I assume this "jig" is what she was talking about.

Technical details: Standard dulcimer built by Ron Ewing. Capo on 1st fret. The song starts in Em and modulates a couple of times. The 1+ fret is extensively used in this arrangement. (For popular songs, I find that the 1+ fret is a huge asset.)

Enjoy! :D

Sam

Sam E.
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Return to Links to Dulcimer Videos and Audio Files