Hank Williams parody

If you put a video on the web, announce it here You can easily embed your Youtube or Vimeo videos into your post.

See this topic for more info on embedding videos into your posts!

http://www.everythingdulcimer.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29333

Hank Williams parody

Postby Sam E. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Recently, I fulfilled a 40-year dream: I went to Nashville. And that meant I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, as well as the Ryman Auditorium (where they host the Grand Ole Opry).

For a C&W fan like me (I'm not all rock & roll, you know), the Hall of Fame was extraordinary: I got to see Elvis's Cadillac, Bill Monroe's mandolin, Barbara Mandrell's 4-neck pedal steel, Taylor Swift's sparkle-covered guitar, the cornfield from Hee-Haw, the original paper that Felice & Boudleaux Bryant wrote Rocky Top on (where you can see all of the edits they made, which vastly improved the song), and much more.

But there was one thing I felt was sadly missing, and this is a song about that.

This is dedicated to dulcimer fans everywhere. ;)

Sam

Sam E.
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Re: Hank Williams parody

Postby Marc Mathieu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 am

Great imagination Sam -that's pretty cool ! Really enjoyed watching & listening to your performance.
Marc Mathieu
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby Sam E. » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 am

Sometimes, Marc, the universe just hands you a situation that begs to be written about, along with enough interesting things to say about it. 8)

Sam
Sam E.

Postby Marc Mathieu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 am

Sam - did you happen to see the mural painting in the Country Music Hall of Fame named "The Source of Country Music" ?
On the left edge, there is a lady playing a dulcimer.
Marc Mathieu
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby Sam E. » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Somebody on Facebook mentioned the mural, and no, I missed that. Nice that there's at least some small acknowledgment, but I'd hold out for the real thing. :)
Sam E.

Return to Links to Dulcimer Videos and Audio Files