Teblature download problem

All strummers welcome!

Teblature download problem

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Trying to download a TEF of "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" uploaded bye Travis id DAD using TEFView all I get is file not tabed using registered version of Tabledit. Any idea where I am going wrong?
Thanks
Blue Jay
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Teblature download problem

Postby Dusty Turtle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Blue Jay, I am not sure what the problem is that you are having.

You have to have the free TEFview software or the full Tabledit package to download a TEF file. I was able to do so with no problem. The tab is just the melody, so it shows a single melody line both in standard music notation and also in tab.

I should also say that the tab has some mistakes in it, limiting the usefulness of the TEF file. The key signature of D is only indicated for the first measure, so the C#s and F#s in the rest of the song will be played a C natural and F natural. There are a few other oddities in the tab, such as the melody being played on the bass string rather than the melody string. But it is still usable in helping you find the melody.

Please note that there is another version of the tab for that song in a pdf file written in DAA. Maybe that will be easier to use for you.
Dusty Turtle
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: Teblature download problem

Postby ronzuckerman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 pm

That file downloads just fine for me in Chrome on Windows 7. If I select "Open" after the file downloads, it opens up TablEdit (version 2.77 a1).

What browser and OS are you using? What version of TablEdit are you using?
ronzuckerman
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Playing Mountain Dulcimers