Sheet Music and Tablature for Tramp Tramp Tramp

All strummers welcome!

Sheet Music and Tablature for Tramp Tramp Tramp

Postby dholeton » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am

I have several notes that I've written over the years that are action items for me to clean up my tablature files here on Everything Dulcimer. The next one on the list is Tramp Tramp Tramp. I uploaded the files in a couple of posts way back in 2011 because I think there was something wrong with the tablature upload page at the time. I indicated in that post I would upload the files to the tablature section and I feel a little remiss in just now getting it done six years later. Oh well.

Uploaded are files with sheet music, chords, and simple melody-only dulcimer tablature for DAA and DAD dulcimers. The LISTEN files are mp3 files of one verse of each version of the tune. A 6.5 fret is required to play the DAD version.

Dave
dholeton
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: Sheet Music and Tablature for Tramp Tramp Tramp

Postby dholeton » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 am

The melody kept running in my head and I knew I heard it with another song. After some research, I found that Clare Herbert Woolston (1856-1927) arranged this song with the lyrics for Jesus Loves the Little Children.

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/bio/w/o/o/woolston_ch.htm

dholeton

Re: Sheet Music and Tablature for Tramp Tramp Tramp

Postby dholeton » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm

And Ray Stevens used a recording of children singing Jesus Loves the Little Children for the intro to his song Everything is Beautiful.

Dave
dholeton

Return to Playing Mountain Dulcimers