Check Out the New Classifieds

Check Out the New Classifieds

Postby Stephen Seifert » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Have something to buy or sell? Bring it on over to the Classifieds section.
Stephen Seifert
Admin

Re: Check Out the New Classifieds

Postby Dan Landrum » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Help us spread the word about the ED classifieds at your club meetings and events. We basically copied the idea of using the bulletin board for classifieds from AcousticGuitarForum.com. (Thanks Martin for suggesting this.) It works well over there. Hopefully we'll have equal success. You can see how this works with a fully populated classifieds section by using the link below.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/foru ... ay.php?f=6
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby folkfan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Danlandrum wrote:Help us spread the word about the ED classifieds at your club meetings and events. We basically copied the idea of using the bulletin board for classifieds from AcousticGuitarForum.com. (Thanks Martin for suggesting this.) It works well over there. Hopefully we'll have equal success. You can see how this works with a fully populated classifieds section by using the link below.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/foru ... y.php?f=17

I tried the link but got a Not Found page.
folkfan
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dan Landrum » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I corrected the link here and in the original post. Thanks

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/foru ... ay.php?f=6
Dan Landrum

Postby southernmiss » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 am

It just keeps getting better and better here at ED. Love the Classified and upcoming People sections. :D Lee
southernmiss

Postby Tin Ear » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm

So Guys,

Looks great! But I have a couple of questions.

Say you have a couple of dulcimer widgets you want to sell and you post in the classified. As you stated in the rules, "Everything Dulcimer and Dulcimer Players News doesn't get involved in any way with deals and transactions that result from these contacts. In light of this, feedback, whether positive or negative, is not welcome in the forum."

1.) Can you make an announcement that you have dulcimer widgets in appropriate forum sections?

2.) What if someone states in the forum they are looking for dulcimer widgets and can you tell them about your ad or if you know someonelse is selling them in the classified can ou answer them in the forum post

or do we just pm them?
Tin Ear
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dan Landrum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:20 pm

John,

The quick answer is yes, and yes. We're just basing these rules on what has helped other forums keep their classifieds from becoming overly chatty, which makes it harder for buyer to meet seller. Nothing has changed in the discussion forums. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. The classified rules don't apply in any way to the forums.

I'll change the "not welcome in the forum" line to say "not welcome in the classifieds." That should clarify it. Good catch John. Thanks.
Dan Landrum

Postby lynngehringer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Dan - I will be at the Midland, MI festival next week and will tell everyone.
lynngehringer

Postby cforget » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:20 pm

I guess that I just do not understand this new format. I used to like looking at the Marketplace in the old ED. Now I tried going to that link for the Classified section and did not see anything but guitar section. Will there be anything like the old Marketplace at the Classified? Am finding it harder and harder to navigate this forum. :( :( :( :( Maybe somjeone here can point me in the right direction or give me a couple of pointers. Thanks a lot.
cforget
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dan Landrum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Cheryl,

The sentence just before the link you clicked explained that it was taking you to the classified section at a guitar forum, as an example of what our classifieds will look like after people begin to add items. To get to the new classifieds section just click the classifieds link at the top of the forum page.

Am finding it harder and harder to navigate this forum. :( :( :( :(

I'm sorry this is causing you sadness. The changes here are designed to make it easier for people to add and edit their own dulcimer related content. This will add to the amount of material that is available for you to enjoy, but it did necessitate a change in the look and feel of the site. I know it takes getting used to when things aren't where they used to be. Give it a try though, soon you'll be flying around this site with ease.

As to the old marketplace, there were only 14 instrument listings that were current there. The other categories only had a handful of current ads as well. Folks are encouraged to relist their ads in the new classifieds. Some already are. Here is a shortcut to the classified section for your convenience: http://everythingdulcimer.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=26

I hope you'll give us a chance to make you happy again. Thanks, Dan
Dan Landrum

Postby cforget » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:51 am

Dan, So sorry to come off at you guys like that. Just got frustrated at not being able to find things that I know are there. I am not in the least computer literate so that also has something to do with it. But thank you again - I know you guys have been putting a lot of work and thought into this site and I do appreciate everything. I do like ED, just still missing the old site a little.
cforget
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Steve Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am

One question: The rules say "personally owned items or services only" and dealers are not to use the classifieds. What about our dulcimer club CD series and free newsletter? I just want to be sure before putting notices back in similar to our old ones. Thanks!
Steve Smith

Next

Return to Board Announcements