Check Out the New Classifieds

Re: Check Out the New Classifieds

Postby Dan Landrum » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Steve,

You bring up a good point. We've been talking about this too. We'll be modifying a couple of things regarding Classifieds later today, assuming the day unfolds with no surprises. One exciting change is a function that will allow you to post pictures for the Classifieds section directly to Everything Dulcimer. Stay tuned . . ..
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby Dan Landrum » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Cheryl, I understand.

I am not in the least computer literate so that also has something to do with it.

Computers can make you pull out your hair. Have you seen my head? :roll:
Dan Landrum

Postby zanetti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 pm

I've also been a bit puzzled about the new "Classified" vs. the old "Marketplace". Marketplace seemed to be a place folks who had tab books and CDs for sale could advertise those at no cost, over a fairly long period of time. (And, I must say, I got a few sales over the years this way ! :D ) Bruce was very generous about letting people post numerous items, as long as there was "room", and you could keep renewing your "ad".

Perhaps I missed something, but I haven't seen any one posting information about CDs or tab books in the new Classified. Would that be appropriate use of the "classified" space? And, how long would such an ad remain "visible"? Just wondering. Again, as far as I can tell, none of the CDs and books that were posted on Marketplace have reappeared so I thought that maybe we weren't supposed to post such things here.

thanks for any clarification.
zanetti

Postby Dan Landrum » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Nina,

Actually, I know right off hand of at least one. It is up to the person who has a book to sell to put it there but I recognize that it isn't entirely clear. Our goal isn't to obfuscate though. Perhaps we should set up a Classified section specifically for books, CDs, etc. Do you think it should be separated by MD vs HD?
Dan Landrum

Postby kwl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Dan, I'm not Nina, but I'll give my perspective on you question. I think a separate section for books and CDs divided by HD and MD would be a good addition to the classified section. I think they get lost in a category called Accessories.
Last edited by kwl on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Jeannie in Paradise » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Is there any way to delete my classified ad now that I've sold the instrument? I can't find any way to do that, and it seems it would be good to remove the "clutter" of old, dead ads!

Thanks,
Jeannie
Jeannie in Paradise

Postby zanetti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Dan,

I did see the section called "Accessories", and it seemed reasonably clear to me that this was the place for CDs and books, but then saw none posted there and wondered if other folks knew a reason (and I didn't! ) why it might not be the right place to post. Perhaps all the previous posters are just shy, or perhaps hoping for a clearer indication. I think your idea of having a separate section for CDs and Books would be very helpful. I'm personally not concerned about separating HD from MD (and some CDs are a mix), but if others think that's better, then that's fine, too.
Either way, I think that a special designation would be great.

Thanks
zanetti

Postby Heidi » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Just my 2 cents... I think a heading of ''Music Media'' or something like that, so it covers a wide range of media including CDs, DVDs, books, sheet music, videos, MP3s, teaching materials, artwork, crafts etc.

I don't think separating into MD and HD is needed, but it would be in the seller’s interest to clarify it in their post.
Heidi

Previous

Return to Board Announcements