Let's Hear it for the People!

Let's Hear it for the People!

Postby Dan Landrum » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm

The Everything Dulcimer People listings are back. It is a new link under the Community tab. This is where you find links and information about builders, teachers, merchants and performers. They're completely free and once you create one, it is yours to maintain. Think of it as a mini website. You can load a picture, describe what, why and how you do what you do, link to your website or performance calendar and much more.

If you were already in the Dulcimer Pro listings from the old ED site then your info should be there. I will have to manually associate your new listing with new Everything Dulcimer registration. You have to be registered in order for me to do this. This is a separate registration system from the discussion forum. I did my best to associate as many people who are already registered as I could. If you didn't use your real name when you registered I have no way of knowing that an account should be yours. Email me with any associations I need to make for you. You can also just create a new People listing, and then let me know so I can delete the old one.

Here are some accounts I've already linked: Big Gerry, Barbara Joe, Don Burger, Donnie Fulwood, Tull Glazener, James Rathbun, Lee Cagle, Nancy Garrett, Mark Janiga, Rod Westerfield, Ruth Smith, Steve Smith, Teri Lefler, Tom Strother and Warren Swan (I may have done more than these but forgot to write it down).

You'll know if you've already been reassociated if you see an EDIT button in the bottom right hand corner of your listing.

If you haven't registered in the non-discussion forum part of the site, now is the time. I get an email for everyone who registers and I automatically check to see if you're in the listings. If I find you there then I make the association.

If you're not already in the listings you can create a new account immediately after registering. Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer them promptly. - Dan Landrum
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: Let's Hear it for the People!

Postby kwl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks, Dan! The resources here at ED just keep getting better. I appreciate all that the team is doing.
Last edited by kwl on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby marcy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Woo-hoo!

Will email addresses be scrambled? The link text doesn't show the email address, but the link itself can easily be read.

Also, little nitpick from former English teacher:

This is not the forum login. Please read the information to the left for more details. Click DISCUSSION FORUM in the menu to go to the forum. It has it's own login.

It should be

It has its own login.
marcy

Postby Dan Landrum » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks Marcy, it's corrected. :D
Dan Landrum

Postby zanetti » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 pm

It's nice to have the "pros" section back, and thanks for making the transfer easy for us.

Just curious: will the "Marketplace" eventually reappear as well?

thanks
zanetti

Postby Dan Landrum » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 pm

The Marketplace is now the Classifieds. Have you seen these? It is much easier to enter and maintain listings this way (and more people see them).
Dan Landrum

Re: ejtyjytj

Postby harpmaker » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:03 am

---------Content Removed---------
We appear to have a spammer here....
harpmaker
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dan Landrum » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:32 am

Thanks for the heads up. When I saw that username registered I had my suspicions. Going to ban them right now . . .
Dan Landrum

How do you find the people listing page?

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:35 am

The home page instructions indicate that "People" can be found under the "Community" pull down menu. I am only finding "Discussion Forum" and "Clubs" in that menu. Where do I find "People"?
BillB
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 am

Okay I found "People", but the path seems a bit convoluted.

Start with the "Home" page.
Hit the Community Tab (the "People" option is not listed)
Select "Clubs"
When Clubs screen comes up hit the "Community" tap again
This time there will be more options listed and "People" will be included.

I also note that if I am logged into the Discussion Forum and return to the Home page I will be shown to be "On Line" but in fact will have to log in again before I can post a reply on any discussion. I'm not sure how any of this works, but it seems odd.
BillB
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby Steve Smith » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Bill - Maybe you caught Can and company mid-change? When I mouse over "Community" on the home page using either Firefox or Internet Explorer, the bottom selection is "People (teachers, builders, merchants, etc.)" right below "Discussion Forum", "Clubs", "Events", "In Memorium", "Classifieds" and "Live Chat".

(Note to Dan - The fourth should probably read "In Memoriam".)
Steve Smith

Return to Board Announcements