An email from Angie@dpnews.com

An email from Angie@dpnews.com

Postby Dan Landrum » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm

You may receive an email from angie@dpnews.com with a subject line of Dulcimer Players News Needs Your Help - Please Read. Thanks for taking a moment and responding to the instructions in this email, which simply asks you to choose whether or not you want to receive any, or none of the following lists we maintain:

DPN Subscriber Updates (quarterly)
    Everything Dulcimer Newsletter (monthly)
    Chattanooga Dulcimer Festival Updates (periodic)
Bruce is itching to get the monthly newsletters going again, but we have to get our email list in order first. Responding to this email and choosing what you do, or don't, want to receive is the final step.

Of special interest to Everything Dulcimer members is that we're giving our DPN readers the choice of opting into getting the Everything Dulcimer Newsletter. So far, the response has been overwhelmingly yes! This is good news and a little unusual since no one gets automatically put on the list - they have to opt in. Get ready to welcome some new dulcimaniacs to the party.

Our email verifier, Constant Contact, is sending these emails out in stages, so you may not get the email until sometime tomorrow. They started going out last night.

If you've never expressed interest in getting emails from DPN or Everything Dulcimer, or if your email address has changed, you won't get an email. Don't despair. You can fix that. If you'd like to be included, or are unsure if you're on the list in the first place, just go to the home page here on Everything Dulcimer and enter your email address in the box that says "Sign up for our FREE newsletters now!"

If it turns out that you're already in the system, you'll be asked to verify your email address. In a few minutes you'll receive an email with a link that will allow you to update your profile.

If you're not in the system already, you'll be directed automatically to your profile settings after verifying your email address.
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: An email from Angie@dpnews.com

Postby kwl » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 am

Dan, I have received three of these emails since August 22nd. The latest one included a free download of you and Aaron playing Arkansas Traveler. I was unable to download it. I just had the Quicktime logo show up with a question mark over it. As fas as I know my Quicktime is up to date. Any suggestions on how to download the music file? Well, it worked just a minute ago. I downloaded the file, but I can't save it to iTunes. So now that you have read my post, just disregard it. :)
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Re: An email from Angie@dpnews.com

Postby Dan Landrum » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:24 am

KWL,

There's a good chance that you've signed up for the list at some point under another email address. I apologize for the multiple.

When you're looking at a window that displays a quicktime file, there's a little triangle in the bottom right hand side of the player. Twirl this down and then you'll see options to save the file. After that, you can just drag and drop whatever you've downloaded into iTunes.
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Board Announcements