New In Memoriam Group in Dulcimer Life

New In Memoriam Group in Dulcimer Life

Postby Dan Landrum » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 am

Lois's post about the passing of Dr. Spencer, and users searching for videos of Bob Mize and photos of Gail Knapp, gave me an idea. It would be useful and appropriate for Everything Dulcimer to host a place we can honor and learn about dulcimer players and builders that have gone before us.

This morning, I created a new group in Dulcimer Life called In Memoriam.

The group description reads:
This group exists to honor dulcimer players and builders who have passed. You must be a registered member of Everything Dulcimer to post in this group.

If you have questions or comments about how In Memoriam works, please post them on the group wall, which is found by scrolling down this page.

To create an obituary listing, scroll to the Announcements section below and click Create Bulletin. You'll be presented with a text edit window that will also allow you to upload a photo and format your entry. Formatting options are accessed by clicking the icons in the top of the edit window. The insert/edit image icon, for instance, is a picture of a tree. Hovering over each icon will reveal its function.

You can always come back later and add photos, photo albums and create discussions about the deceased.

I hope you'll take some time and make entries about community members who are no longer with us. It doesn't matter if the person was well known in the dulcimer community or not. If they were a part of our community, then they are a part of our lives, and collective history. Feel free to go back as far in time as you'd like, and please, let others know this group exists.
Dan Landrum
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Board Announcements