Important Note re: Avatars UPDATED WITH VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS

Important Note re: Avatars UPDATED WITH VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS

Postby administrator » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Some of your avatars are missing.

I am doing some work, in between gigs, this weekend that is effecting the appearance of some, but not all avatars. I should be able to restore them next week, but there's a particular file that I can't access until Mike, our server admin, is available on Monday. If you'd like to restore yours right now you can hop over to the home page, log in if you aren't already, and click your profile link. You can upload a new avatar there. This would be a HUGE help to me if you're willing to go ahead and do it yourself.

While there, notice that you're now able to upload much higher quality avatars than before, up to 5mg, and they are no longer limited by dimension. You cannot, however change your avatar in the User Control Panel here in the forum any more. (Thanks Lois Hornbostel for pointing that out this morning).

We're working on bringing all of the Teacher, Builder, Clubs, Performer lists, etc back into the main part of Everything Dulcimer. There's some good stuff coming sooner, rather than later, stay tuned.

Dan Landrum

Here's video showing how easy it is to change your avatar.
administrator
Member (51-100 posts)

Re: Important Note re: Avatars UPDATED WITH VIDEO INSTRUCTIO

Postby administrator » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 pm

bump
administrator
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby woods » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 am

I do not get that tool bar. Apparently the tabs aren't there any more, and one must use the yellow Home drop-down "button".
Last edited by woods on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woods
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby woods » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 am

If it'll help, I also noticed this at the bottom of that tab-less Home page:

Warning: mysqli::ping() [mysqli.ping]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/new.everythingdulcimer.com/public/everythingdulcimer17/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 195
woods
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Board Announcements