For Sale: Homer Ledford Dulcimer

New and Used Mountain Dulcimers

For Sale: Homer Ledford Dulcimer

Postby BroMark » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 pm

I have a Homer Ledford dulcimer for sale, Homer's #5795. It is a four string dulcimer with Homer's standard rosewood tuning pegs. It also have "fine tuners", too. If you know Homer's wonderful work, you know that his pegs really work well! I used to always joke with him that he need not add any fine tuners because his pegs hold the pitch so well. This particular instrument has a special note from Homer pasted inside telling the origin of the soundboard. The soundboard is yellow poplar which has a beautiful green tint. Homer's note indicates that the poplar was from a church pew that was 150 years old when the instrument was built, over 10 years ago. The back and sides of this instrument are walnut from a barn that was 75 years old! The instrument is in excellent condition and comes with a chipboard case. Although I have several dulcimers from Homer, it is still hard to part with any one of his. I'm only selling in order to help fund the purchase of a classical guitar. I am asking $1200.00 for the instrument and I will pay the packing, shipping and insurance anywhere in the United States. If I find I am unable to easily attach photos here, please feel free to e-mail me and I will be happy to send you picture. My e-mail address is: mligett@gmail.com
BroMark
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Instruments