Mountain Dulcimer For Sale

New and Used Mountain Dulcimers

Mountain Dulcimer For Sale

Postby marilynss » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am

PRICE REDUCED: Perhaps I am asking too much for this instrument, so I am offering it at $400 plus $25 to help with shipping. I wish to sell an Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer (4 string) which I purchased in 1975. There is no identification inside or out as to who made this lovely instrument. My husband and I do not remember the fellow's name, only that we ordered it over the phone. We were living in Blacksburg, VA, at the time, and the dulcimer came from either North Carolina or Tennessee. We do remember a delay in the order due to a fire in the fellow's workshop. We have posted photos on several sites, including this one, trying to identify the maker. No luck. What I can say is that the dulcimer is a lovely instrument, in excellent condition. The top is wormy chestnut. The dulcimer is fretted in the old-time way, with staples that extend under the paired melody string only. We were told this means it cannot be chorded for modern styles of play but can be played in old-time strumming and noter style. This latter info was presented by a fellow by the name of Ralph Smith. We do not play the dulcimer and would like it to be put to good use and enjoyed by someone who does. There is no case; however, we will include the wormy chestnut rack which the dulcimer sets in for display on the wall. Please contact Marilyn Spencer (Blacksburg, VA) for further information - or if someone can identify the crafter. (540)357-7678 or respond to this listing. More photos are available if you send an email address. We willl appreciate your responses regarding the instrument, identification, price, or desire to purchase. Email is marilynss@yahoo.com Please feel free to make a reasonable offer for our consideration.
Attachments
DSC00241.JPG
DSC00249.JPG
marilynss
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Instruments