SOLD-HOMER LEDFORD DULCIMER

New and Used Mountain Dulcimers

SOLD-HOMER LEDFORD DULCIMER

Postby linda1953 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:25 pm

#4039 1976 YP-1900. FOR SALE by original owner. I purchased this dulcimer from Homer Ledford in 1976 when I was a student at EKU in Richmond, Ky.The dulcimer has the traditional hour glass shape with 4 heart shaped sound holes and rosewood frets. The yellow poplar top is from an over 100 year old house near Lexington, Ky. Bottom and sides are walnut and there is a dogwood flower and L on end of fretboard.There is a small chip on the top that was re-glued and sides were re-glued at a music store in Fort Lauderdale last year. Overall condition is excellent.

A home-made soft carrying bag, the Appalachian Dulcimer Book by Michael Murphy (1976), and The Dulcimer Book by Jean Ritchie are included.
I am not a musical person but loved the sound of dulcimers which is why I purchased it. I have not played my dulcimer in over 30 years and would like to sell it to someone who can play and appreciate this beautiful instrument.

$200 OBO

I am unable to upload pictures on this website but will be happy to e-mail or text them.
Last edited by linda1953 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
linda1953
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: HOMER LEDFORD DULCIMER-For Sale

Postby linda1953 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Bump
linda1953
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Robin the Busker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi Linda,

I'm definitely interested in the dulcimer. Thanks for your photos. I seem to be having trouble getting my emails back to you? Could you check your spam and junk email boxes?

You can always send me a PM through Everything Dulcimer too.

Thanks

Robin
Robin the Busker
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby linda1953 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Robin,
You must not have received my last message to you. Yesterday morning I called a music store in Fort Lauderdale to check on getting the dulcimer packaged and sent to you in Wales. The store owner informed me that due to strict laws that went into effect in the past few years, no items having rosewood or mother of pearl in-lay are allowed to be mailed out of the United States. She said that the dulcimer would be confiscated by customs and that would be that. I'm sorry. I had no idea that these are now the current laws. I cannot send the dulcimer to you. I appreciate your interest and thank you for sending me the music clip.

Best regards,
Linda Gerum
linda1953
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Slingerland » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:20 pm

PM sent.
Slingerland
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby linda1953 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Greetings,
Thank you for your interest in the dulcimer. I have it packed and ready to send to a buyer in the Tampa, Florida area. I'm just waiting to hear whether he wants it shipped today or Monday. If he doesn't give an absolute confirmation by Monday I will get back to you. Thanks.
Linda Gerum
linda1953
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Slingerland » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Thank you
Slingerland
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby linda1953 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 am

Greetings,
I did sell and ship the dulcimer late yesterday. Thanks again.
Linda Gerum
linda1953
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Robin the Busker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:23 pm

linda1953 wrote:Hi Robin,
You must not have received my last message to you. Yesterday morning I called a music store in Fort Lauderdale to check on getting the dulcimer packaged and sent to you in Wales. The store owner informed me that due to strict laws that went into effect in the past few years, no items having rosewood or mother of pearl in-lay are allowed to be mailed out of the United States. She said that the dulcimer would be confiscated by customs and that would be that. I'm sorry. I had no idea that these are now the current laws. I cannot send the dulcimer to you. I appreciate your interest and thank you for sending me the music clip.

Best regards,
Linda Gerum

That's a good call. Homer did sometimes use Brazilian rosewood for his tuning pegs and since Jan 17 nothing made of rosewood can be exported from the USA without a licence. Even if it was Indonesian rosewood the exporter would have to prove it came from a sustainable source, which it not going to be simple!!!!

Robin
Robin the Busker
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Instruments