Free Dulcimer Newsletter

Cases, Straps, Books, Recordings, Videos, Picks, Capos, Etc.

Free Dulcimer Newsletter

Postby Steve Smith » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am

The Western North Carolina Dulcimer publishes a quarterly newsletter containing arrangements of traditional songs for club members to work on together at our monthly meeting. Each song is arranged for mountain dulcimers tuned in both D-A-dd and D-A-AA. Standard musical notation, chords and note names are also given for players of hammered dulcimers and other instruments. This way, everyone can play together in the same key. Tunes can generally be played on just the melody string, but tunes are always arranged with full chording, for when and if you want to take that step.

We're glad to share this newsletter with nonmembers via email, too. Just go to the WNCDC website to request it.

WNCDC Logo 110.gif
WNCDC Logo 110.gif (5.77 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Last edited by Steve Smith on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Smith
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: Free Dulcimer Newsletter

Postby tadkins » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Just received this newsletter and LOVE IT! Thanks SO much! The links to the midi files were dead, but I found the midis on another link from your page. Keep up the GREAT work and thanks so much for sharing!
tadkins
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Free Dulcimer Newsletter

Postby Steve Smith » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks, Tammy - I'm glad you like it!

And thanks, too, for the note about the links. I'd never been told there was a problem, and have now fixed it for the new one!
Steve Smith
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Accessories