Delrin plastic noters

Cases, Straps, Books, Recordings, Videos, Picks, Capos, Etc.

Delrin plastic noters

Postby CaneCreek » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Is anybody out there making delrin noters? A friend of mine had one of her dulcimer acquaintances make up several noters out of delrin. I got one, and it's absolutely fantastic, but I live in fear I'll lose the thing! Delrin doesn't get scored up like even very hard wood noters do, and you also don't get a lot of fret noise with them. My only complaint about mine is that it's far too short. I need one about 4 - 4 1/2 inches long.

If you have the capability to make these fabulous noters, you can probably sell them to a very large part of the noter-using dulcimer world. Please advertise!

Marti
CaneCreek
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Delrin plastic noters

Postby danc9 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Noter material is personal preference. I like bamboo, free and plentiful! I'm sure someone can make you some from your favorite material.

DAN
www.dulcimore.com
danc9
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby KenH » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:43 pm

I've got some Delrin rod that I bought to make a crossbow action. It's not quite 10" long by 3/8" diameter. A bit tin diameter for a noter for me, but maybe you like thinner noters. Send me your email address and PayPal me $4 to cover shipping, and it's yours.
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Robin the Busker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Plastic noters !!!!! Good grief; whatever next? Folks will be adding extra frets and playing chords if we allow such modernity to flourish ;)

Robin

It is not quite a dulcimer anymore. Jean Ritchie
Robin the Busker
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby JoeBesse » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:21 pm

I would like to see what this stuff looks like. I have some Delrin picks and love them. Hey Ken, can you send an image of the Delrin rod you have? Thanks.

Joe
JoeBesse
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Accessories