Where do you live & play your Dulcimer? (Part 2)

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

WHERE DO YOU LIVE & PLAY YOUR DULCIMER?

PACIFIC: [Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California]
10%
MOUNTAIN: [Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico]
5%
MIDWEST: North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michegan, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio]
25%
NORTH EAST: [New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts]
11%
SOUTH: [West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North & South Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Missiissippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Delaware, Maryland, Arkansas]
41%
CANADA:
3%
SCOTLAND, IRELAND, ENGLAND & WALES:
2%
EUROPE:
1%
AUSTRALIA:
1%
ASIA:
0%
AFRICA:
0%
SOUTH AMERICA:
0%

Total votes : 705

Re: Where do you live & play your Dulcimer? (Part 2)

Postby John Gribble » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:40 pm

In the 'burbs of Tokyo, Japan. I have met one other dulcimer player here, a young Japanese woman, and had email contact with another gaijin (foreigner). But I too am a shy sort and do most my music-making at home.
John Gribble
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Daniel » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:59 am

I'm in Australia and have just joined this website. I've been playing a Tom Yocky dulcimer for many years, I bought it on Ebay secondhand.
I also play piano and classical guitar. I've actually been thinking over the past year or so about giving up dulcimer playing because it takes time away from my main interest which is piano. Maybe you folks can convince me to stay with the dulcimer. The dulcimer I have is certainly a high quality instrument.
Last edited by Daniel on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Where are you in Oz? There are quite a few players there these days, and at least two builders that I know of.
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Jimothy66 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Flower Mound, Texas. So far have played in Denton, Dallas, Parker counties with the Denton Area Dulcimers group and also attend the Lone Star State Dulcimer Society meetings in Irving.
Jimothy66
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby Songfire » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi there, I live in British Columbia Canada & I am new to this group. Thank you for all the amazing & interesting material, I think I have found a beautiful community to take part in. I haven"t played since I was 19 but just received my new mountain dulcimer from Ed Maze in Florida. It is absolutely stunning. The sound, the finish the fretboard, & the beautiful leaves & vines have stolen my heart. I am very excited to be playing here, no one else I know plays in my area that I am aware of, but perhaps I will meet someone on this site who does. Wishing you all the best.
Songfire
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby brashley46 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Songfire wrote:Hi there, I live in British Columbia Canada & I am new to this group. Thank you for all the amazing & interesting material, I think I have found a beautiful community to take part in. I haven"t played since I was 19 but just received my new mountain dulcimer from Ed Maze in Florida. It is absolutely stunning. The sound, the finish the fretboard, & the beautiful leaves & vines have stolen my heart. I am very excited to be playing here, no one else I know plays in my area that I am aware of, but perhaps I will meet someone on this site who does. Wishing you all the best.

Welcome, Songfire, there are quite a few MD players up here in the Great North ... don't know whether we have anybody active on this site out your way, but there are a few at Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer.
brashley46
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Previous

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion