New Quilted Bag

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

New Quilted Bag

Postby dtmd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

My wife Ellen made this quilted bag to protect my new Warren May dulcimer. Even though it has a hard case we felt it was moving around to much in the case. We found this material at the fabric store. I think it looks very Folk Artsy and compliments the dulcimer.

Dennis

http://www.dulcimerxing.com
Attachments
Quilted Chicken Bag for Dulcimer.jpg
dtmd
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Re: New Quilted Bag

Postby folkfan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 am

Dennis, The bag is a nice addition to the protection of the case. Tell your wife "Thanks and give her a hug". ;-)
folkfan
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby dtmd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am

I have added information on our website if anyone is interested in contacting us to order a bag.

Dennis

www.dulcimerxing.com
dtmd

Postby dtmd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 pm

I have also added the information to the classified section of Everything Dulcimer. We have also named the product 'Comfort Bags'!

Dennis

www.dulcimerxing.com
dtmd

Postby folkfan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

What measurements are you using in your bags? For years I used to make a quilted gig bag for Dave/Sweet Woods Instruments. It was a size that fit all of his instruments with web strap handle on the long side for carrying.

As I understand you are making a bag to fit in carry cases to stop the movement of the instrument? If so you'll have to make it to order to fit far more exactly the external dimensions of a dulcimer and the internal dimensions of a case without having too much excess material to try to pack. Good luck on the venture.
folkfan
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby dtmd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

The bags may be used two ways. First it can be made to the size of the dulcimer so that it can fit inside of the hard case as added protection. The dimensions would need to be given at time of placing the order. Second, it can be made larger for the dulcimer to slide into and also have a strap attached to the bag so that you can carry it on your shoulder instead of having a hard case for transporting your dulcimer. I hope this helps. Thanks for the input Folkfan.

Dennis

www.dulcimerxing.com
dtmd

Postby dtmd » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 am

You can find the bag information on my website at www.dulcimerxing.com.

I just added a new Arts and Crafts page on the website. I have also started to put information on that page about my stain glass mountain dulcimers. Check it out when you get the chance.

Thanks

Dennis

www.dulcimerxing.com
dtmd

Postby folkfan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Nice stained glass panel. I thought for a moment that you were making actual stained glass dulcimers like I recently saw on eBay. Not sure I'd want a real glass dulcimer, but your panel dulcimer is very pretty.
folkfan
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion