AARP: 16 Songs Everyone Over 50 Should Own

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Re: AARP: 16 Songs Everyone Over 50 Should Own

Postby strumelia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:50 am

That's gotta be the least logical mishmash I've ever seen, and not sure why it's recommended for people 'over 50' either, since it covers various generations, too. Hey I'm sure they're all good songs, but there seems to be little cohesiveness or reason in putting them together in an 'essentials' list. I'm suspecting it's AARP's version of clickbait. :lol:
strumelia
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby dbennett » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 am

strumelia wrote:That's gotta be the least logical mishmash I've ever seen, and not sure why it's recommended for people 'over 50' either, since it covers various generations, too. Hey I'm sure they're all good songs, but there seems to be little cohesiveness or reason in putting them together in an 'essentials' list. I'm suspecting it's AARP's version of clickbait. :lol:

I totally agree and thought the same thing about the click bait. The only reason I posted it is because there was a photo of a mountain dulcimer. :lol: :roll:
dbennett

Postby kwl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 am

I agree with both of you. Those are not necessarily songs I would choose..

Ken
"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby philips » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 am

strumelia wrote:That's gotta be the least logical mishmash I've ever seen, and not sure why it's recommended for people 'over 50' either, since it covers various generations, too. Hey I'm sure they're all good songs, but there seems to be little cohesiveness or reason in putting them together in an 'essentials' list. I'm suspecting it's AARP's version of clickbait. :lol:

Calm down, have a cup of coffee and take some anti anger pills dear. It's a very nice, varied list of "pop" songs. :D
philips
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby strumelia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:37 pm

philips wrote:

Calm down, have a cup of coffee and take some anti anger pills dear. It's a very nice, varied list of "pop" songs. :D

Anti anger pills ? Wow, an AARP webpage slideshow shouldn't make any person angry! I do confess I used to get peeved when AARP repeatedly mailed me membership cards starting when I was only 50, but I've since 'recovered from the shock'. :lol: I hope my post didn't push anyone's buttons- I myself view this thread as totally lighthearted and fun! :D
strumelia

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion