Christmas newsletters

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:06 pm

I voted Depends / Either (not Depenz / Ether) Wink because I guess I don't care whther people send them or not. People will send them whether I like it or not, so......... Wink And it depends on whose Christmas news letter it is. Wink BTW - Merry Christmas!
Mike
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby kwl » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:57 pm

I enjoy receiving Christmas newsletters. I find them fun in helping me to catch up on what my friends have been doing. We don't send a newseletter, nor do we send Christmas cards. I'm just too busy this time of year to do that. So most of our friends and family get their greetings from us in birthday cards, etc.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby dulcibeader » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:48 pm

I do like getting letters from friends - but included in the card - not in place of the card. In place of seems cold to me. If you just want to write a letter - ok - but don't make that your holiday greetings. I'd rather get a newsy letter in July - or something - instead of - here's all the news I haven't told you about - oh yeah - and by the way happy holidays. We usually send a letter in a card, 'cause our extended family is quite extended. Although we keep in touch via phone and email, this just kind of wraps it all together for them. Merry Christmas to all. Elizabeth
dulcibeader
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby Rooster » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:59 am

I also like mine included inside the Christmas card. Must be a St. Louis thing?
Rooster

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:01 pm

We've been including newsletters every year but not with every card. More importantly, for the few that we receive, I enjoy reading those. I trust there are those who enjoy reading ours. Tom
Tom

Postby hcknbrgr » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:20 pm

I'm all for them! However, if I don't know you very well, I may ignore yours when I recieve on a really busy day! But it does help stay connected, and sometimes you find out something that spurs you to make a more personal reconnection. We have sent out a one page newsletter with some kind of picture in our Christmas cards for at least 20 years I think. (usually around 60 - 70 cards) OK, I can't take much credit here, my wife writes the letter (I do get an edit of it before it goes out) and addresses the cards and pulls out the ones to my friends so I can write a personal greeting at the end of the newletter. She is so good to me, even tolerates my banjo picking!
hcknbrgr

Postby Mistydawn » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Originally posted by Sheila Added by Edith - Do any of you send cards to your vet (or doctor, accountant or other professional)? I'm amazed at how many people send cards to the clinic! I would never have thought of doing that!
I don't believe I've ever sent a holiday card to our professional people. I do send some out to customers of our business, but I think that's pretty common. I've already had positive comments regarding our first family newsletter that I sent to family & friends. Or perhaps they're just being polite? LOL!
Mistydawn

Postby dulcimom » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:41 am

Some newsletters I enjoy, others I really detest. We get some who ramble on about all of the people they know friends, neighbors, etc., people we don't know or never will know. I usually don't even finish reading those. I like the ones that update you on what has been going on with the sender over the past year
dulcimom

Previous

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion