Your Pick for Super Bowl XL

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Postby dulcimom » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:24 am

I don't really care either way, but if I were forced to choose, it would be Seattle. Even though he left Green Bay, I still have a fondness for Mike Holmgren, for taking them back to the Super Bowl! Personally, if I have to watch a sport, hockey is my favorite, hands down!
dulcimom
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:57 am

Hey, Bob, you are so right. I guess that makes me a troll, eh?LOL! There's an advantage of being segregated (isolated?) from the East as proved by the Pacific Rim greats of Robert Force and Al d'Ossché. Neal Hellman's music is another example though he has other influences. Then there's Richard Farina. Jerry Rockwell mentioned to me some time ago after spending some time in LA that there is a totally different view of dulcimer music in the West that is creative and refreshing. Along the same lines, it is interesting to see styles developed in various European countries. I'm especially intrigued by the person who wrote from Taiwan. West coast football at one time was once radically different than the typical 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust. Example: USC vs Ohio State. Now pretty much everyone lives by the pass and a fast running game. One can't think of the Steelers without thinking about a tough defense and grinding out the clock through a tough, north-south running game. Denver can attest to the fact that Pittsburgh is more flexible with the arm of Roethlisberger. They are balanced as is Seattle. It should be a good game. Tom
Tom
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

START YUR ENGINES

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:28 pm

No Bengals and no Bears. Well get the game over, Come on Daytona 500 and NASCAR season
Steve
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Wuhl, ay'll tell ya whut, (spit) boys, the car run great (spit) all day. We did some cipherin (spit) and figured ta jump out on the first lap. That did the number (spit) since we run the next 399 laps under yellow and (spit) finished rat in fronna Ricky. Ah (spit) wanna thank ma pit crew, Shevy, ma pa,(spit) ma waf, ma youngins, an Viager. Ever since (spit) we gut the rules changed we bin kickin' Ford's (spit) beehind ah wanna tell ya. God bless Amerca. Yeeehaw. Tom
Tom

Well Ugh (spit)

Postby Steve » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 am

Pittsburg? (spit) naagh That's as bad as dem dare toyoter's racin next year. Guess i gotta go for dem dare (spit) sayattle water birds (spit) Sure miss the BUD BOWL (SPIT) it was usually better than the dad gum game (spit) VAROOOOM!!! STRUMMMM!!!Razz
Steve
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby jakstall » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:56 pm

I'm sure one team or the other will win. Wink I'm glad to see the Super Bowl come around, though. It means that BASEBALL is just around the corner!
jakstall
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby USN_in_va » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 pm

I have to agree with Steve. February 19 cant come soon enough! Yeah Tony Stewart!!
USN_in_va
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Isn't he Martha's son, the one who drives around with nice bouquet of pansies on his dash? I hear he's going to drive for Toyota next year. Rolled Eye Tom
Tom

Previous

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion