Hammer bags....anyone interested?

Stands, Cases, Hammers, Books, Recordings, Tuners, etc.

Hammer bags....anyone interested?

Postby teresa_nc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Somewhere I saw a post where it was suggested to get artist brush bags to carry our hammers in. I am a quilter and sew a lot as well and wanted to see if there was a need for padded hammer bags for the HD players here. The bags would be made of 100% cotton and quilted for extra protection. They could be closed either with a drawstring top or a zipper down the length, an attached loop could allow the bag to hang from your stand if desired.

Here is a smaller example of the zipper bag, which would be longer to accomodate the length of your hammers:

A suggested price would be $12.00 each and $2.00 for shipping. Just about any color could be ordered. These would be sold by special order through PayPal at my Etsy shop. Etsy is a web site to buy and sell handmade and vintage items as well as craft supplies.

All inquires are welcome!
Teresa
teresa_nc
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Hammer bags....anyone interested?

Postby The Mousetrapezoid » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Nice idea, Teresa! Can you make the bags so that they are reinforced with something that will prevent the bag from bending? We hammerers need a container that will not only "contain" the hammers but prevent them from being broken while in the bag. Thanks!
The Mousetrapezoid
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby teresa_nc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm

I've got a lot of stiffening stuff (can't remember what it is called) so I can work on a prototype.

Thanks for the feedback!
teresa_nc
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby BakerBear » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:41 pm

I would say this is something I would probably be interested in if you were to go forward with this plan, yes :)
BakerBear
Member (51-100 posts)

Return to Hammered Dulcimer Accessories