Practice with Pennye - Tunes to Play Along With

Stands, Cases, Hammers, Books, Recordings, Tuners, etc.

Practice with Pennye - Tunes to Play Along With

Postby PScheiber » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I have been teaching the hammered dulcimer for over 13 years and played over 20 years. I have had many learning curves during that time and have reached the point where I wanted to help my students after they had learned their tunes. The following is the reason for my CDs and as others have asked for them have decided to put this book together.

Each of my students had their lessons recorded on cassette tape so that they could hear how the melody was played. After a year's collection of tunes, it was very difficult to find a tune in the middle of a cassette recording. The need for them to be able to find their tune and repeat it as often as needed, brought about these CD recordings. The choice of tunes is compiled from Uncle Carl's Dulcimer Club repertoire. It has been a great challenge for me to complete this project, and hopefully will help many players improve their abilities as hammered dulcimer players.

Each tune is announced, has a lead in and, depending on the style of tune and it's length, is played slow and then up to tempo. There is a chart for Key and number of times. The sheet music was done in Music Time so that I would be able to give my students music to take home.

If this is something you would like to try, please contact me at pennyes@comcast.net. The cost is $27.50 for the book and two CD's. Brochure attached.

Happy Hammering.................Pennye Scheiber from Michigan
Brochure for Book.pdf
Brochure
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
PScheiber
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Practice with Pennye - Tunes to Play Along With

Postby TheBum » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:37 pm

I bought this book from Pennye, and it has been a good value. So many of my HD instruction books sit on the shelf picking up dust, but I use this one a lot.
TheBum
Member (51-100 posts)

Return to Hammered Dulcimer Accessories