Hammered Dulcimer carriers

Stands, Cases, Hammers, Books, Recordings, Tuners, etc.

Hammered Dulcimer carriers

Postby dulcimerkkk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:10 pm

I went to Evart, MI last weekend and saw a wide variety of hammered dulcimer carriers. I am In need of a carrier and am looking for suggestions and ideas from the community. Do you have some pictures? I have acquired a jogging stroller and have striped down to the metal structure and am now in need of ideas as to where to go next. At the festival I saw lots of stuff for the hammered dulcimer but no vendors for carts to transport from workshop to workshop. I welcome all ideas!
dulcimerkkk
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Hammered Dulcimer carriers

Postby Martin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:32 pm

The only carrier I've ever seen for sale was the "Wheeelz" system that Robert "Big Bob" Alfeld used to make. I think it had 6" wheels on it and was made out of PVC pipe. Bob recently passed away, and he stopped making HD stuff long ago. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29804

I don't know how you would get in touch with his wife to see if there were any more of these lying around. I would probably post your question regarding a HD carrier over on the main board. You might get some more answers there.
Martin
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby JonW » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Many of us at Evart have either a Wonder Wheeler (beach cart) or a baby carraige/stroller.

In my case I found a Graco folding baby stroller someone had on their curb for the trash. I removed the baby carrier and top cover (that protects the baby from rain and sun when opened) and what's left is perfect for all my stuff (HD, stand, guitar, gig bag, folding seat, etc.)

I have seen others using jogging strollers, and IIRC they still had the child carrier still on them, holding their instrument instead of a child.

It seems to be easier to remove excess components to get down to just what you need rather than trying to add attachments that were not designed for these type of carts. Just my $.02.
JonW
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby dulcimerkkk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Can you send me a picture of your baby stroller and how it works? I have stripped a jogging stroller and am now trying to redesign to hold my 15/16 dulcimer. Any pics would be appreciated. I thought I was posting (my 1st time to post) on the main site and then found it in the classifieds. I will repost there. Thanks.
dulcimerkkk
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby JonW » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Sorry, but I didn't see your posting asking for pictures until now. Here are a few of the modified baby stoller. Sorry about all the junk in the background.
Attachments
Cart_048.jpg
Cart_046.jpg
JonW
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Return to Hammered Dulcimer Accessories