D Tenor Bowed Psaltery by Rick Long

Only put instruments and accessories here that don't fit into the mountain or hammered categories.

D Tenor Bowed Psaltery by Rick Long

Postby mdbAn-4 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am

I have a D Tenor Bowed Psaltery for sale. I purchased this instrument directly from Rick Long, of Ringing Strings, a year ago to compliment my mountain dulcimer playing. I play several instruments and am learning two more. I just didn't have the time to devote to this one, while learning to play the fiddle. It is a beautiful instrument with an amazing sound, but I played it only three times.

The curly redwood/walnut combination is a favorite of Rick Long, for both great looks and sound. Just an elegant look with the color and grain of the woods complimenting each other.

It comes with an insulated case, two bows, an extra 18 gauge and extra 20 gauge string, a CD on how to care and play the psaltery, a tuning wrench, rosin and the tripod holder attachment that Rick designed to allow for playing the tenor psaltery using two bows, or double bowing.

Rick is back ordered so this would be a good deal, and he knows I'm selling it so is only an email or phone call away for assistance. I am asking $475, less than I paid for it.
mdbAn-4
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: D Tenor Bowed Psaltery by Rick Long

Postby cactus » Sun May 18, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't understand your price as being less than you paid. The D tenor is $400 and holder $50. Have you items beyond Rick's usual ones which are all I see listed?
cactus
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby mdbAn-4 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Rick's prices for D Tenor vary according to the wood. He charged me $525 for it - double bows and holder. I am reducing it by $50, which I think for basically a new instrument is fair.
mdbAn-4
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby mdbAn-4 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:55 am

My apologies to Cactus. I was in error about the wood combination, which explains the price difference. This psaltery has a quilted maple soundboard. It's unusual with the two colors, both light and dark grain. The back and bridge are made of black walnut. It's a beauty. If you look on Rick's site, Ringing Strings, under D Tenor, the first one listed is of quilted maple - truly an elegant look. Thanks, Rick, for setting me straight and my apologies for any confusion.
mdbAn-4
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Miscellaneous Instruments and Accessories