Suggest instructional material

Help for new hammerers of all ages!

Suggest instructional material

Postby virginialuther12 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:40 am

I have been playing hammered dulcimer for some months at present, I have been typically self-training and I think I do know at this time how all the layout works (well at slightest in the diatonic models), so I have been able to build a few songs in. Still, as the tool is not very trendy in Spain I had thank if you could suggest me little tutorials, instructional material, or anything like paper writing you had like to suggest me. I brought a DVD from Kendra ward, but although it was very helpful I knew I had by now achieved that point on my own, so It did not help much although it was awfully clear and enjoyable. so if you have to pdfs or tutorial with the instructional material I have to be really thankful you could share it with me by e-mail and if you have a few abandoned instructional books that you don't want any longer, I had be gladly accept them paying the shipping and certainly be very thankful.
Any suggestions?
virginialuther12
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Suggest instructional material

Postby spineloccio » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 am

You might check out Jess Dickenson's website (www.dickensondulcimer.com). He has some wonderful instructional videos, along with free PDFs of the sheet music. The Dulcimer Crossing site is also a good option.
spineloccio
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Suggest instructional material

Postby rondasv » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:21 am

These two websites have tutorials for a monthly fee. Even though I haven't used them they come highly recommended by those who have.
https://dulcimerschool.com
http://dulcimercrossing.com
rondasv
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Hammered Dulcimer Beginner's Area