HD Stool

Just hammerers

HD Stool

Postby LLB613 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:40 am

Well, I've just ordered a Prussia Valley hammered dulcimer stool. Gary is making it to my specifications of 24" from the floor so I won't have to sit on telephone books anymore! It's a fold up stool and very portable. A regular height chair isn't tall enough for me. I really enjoy playing standing rather than sitting, but these days of working in the yard are taking it's toll. I'm also enjoying Rick Thum's Song of the Month lessons. Very easy to follow and quick study. I'm looking forward to the next CD to arrive. Thanks All Smile Smile . Linda
LLB613

Postby Christina Connell » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:45 pm

You can also get computer keyboard stools that kind of work. I did the phone book thing, too, for a while. I guess I started sitting after I went to a festival and saw how relaxed some of the sitting-down players looked. One problem is--one more thing to carry!
Christina Connell
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby TJ » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:09 pm

Target also had a cheap locking folding stool available, along with an optional additional cushion. It stands about 18 inches high, the same basic height as most chairs, and weighs 2-3 pounds. I got mine for around $8US. I can easily tie to the the dulcimer case. When I had initially seen it, I had later tried to find it on the Target website, but it wasn't to be found. Upon returning, I still found it at the store, and have seen them since then. I suspect that it's still available, but just not online.
Last edited by TJ on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TJ
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

stool

Postby LLB613 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:11 am

Thanks TJ for the information about the stool at Target. I need a new one for my MD. I picked up my stool from Prussia Valley and it's a perfect height for my HD. I need to be a little higher over the instrument than chair height and I can also prop my feet up on the crossbar wood. It's very comfortalbe...only downside is "one more thing to carry". Make the day happy! Smile Linda
LLB613

cart/chair

Postby Pat W » Mon May 03, 2004 8:49 am

Cliff's Custom Crafts makes a cart that turns into a chair. Two variations of the chair,flat for HD and slightly tilted for MD. I saw one at Augusta Heritage Center-one of the students had one-Very slick! I ordered one when I got home. Smile
Pat W
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: HD Stool

Postby merrie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 am

Hi, I am going for concert and do you think the bar stool in high size will be fine. new here from Australia! I have just check few http://www.clicknbuyaustralia.com/bar-stools/ here or do you think the chair will be fine?
merrie
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: HD Stool

Postby Neilwm » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:18 am

https://www.amazon.com/Uncaged-Ergonomi ... +ergonomic

I found this on Amazon, adjustable height so I can play sitting or stand and lean against the stool at the high position.

It probably won't work for traveling but for home use it is excellent.
Neilwm
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Playing Hammered Dulcimer