I have a problem!

Just share stories or offer advice

Re: I have a problem!

Postby JohnH » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 am

I wish you guys could hold back the smart Alec remarks....this is a serious matter ! I am 84 and have been struggling for many years to overcome the problem of 'scraps but it seems to be worsening. I have reached a stage where I can pick up any scrap in my shop and with love recall every moment of its creation..............particularly enjoy fondling those which indicate critical cockups. My workshop is at the top of the house up three flights of stairs, my kids are muttering all sorts of threats about forcible evacuation, and our health service is showing signs of strain. And people still come to the house and utter those fateful words "I know how much you like wood, saw this in a skip today and thought of you" !!!
JohnH
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby asterhunter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm

JohnH wrote:I wish you guys could hold back the smart Alec remarks....this is a serious matter ! I am 84 and have been struggling for many years to overcome the problem of 'scraps but it seems to be worsening. I have reached a stage where I can pick up any scrap in my shop and with love recall every moment of its creation..............particularly enjoy fondling those which indicate critical cockups. My workshop is at the top of the house up three flights of stairs, my kids are muttering all sorts of threats about forcible evacuation, and our health service is showing signs of strain. And people still come to the house and utter those fateful words "I know how much you like wood, saw this in a skip today and thought of you" !!!

Sounds like the making of a reality TV show: "My 600-scrap life."

DE
asterhunter

Postby dholeton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

I worked on some of my scraps today and actually put some in a pile for my son to burn in his backyard firepit. It was just pine (sorry if I caused some heartrates to rise). Some of the other scraps still might fit somewhere.

Dave
dholeton

Postby JohnH » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 am

dholeton wrote:I worked on some of my scraps today and actually put some in a pile for my son to burn in his backyard firepit. It was just pine (sorry if I caused some heartrates to rise). Some of the other scraps still might fit somewhere.

Dave
Chuckle, I have stuff I said that about fifty years ago !

JohnH
JohnH

Previous

Return to Making Dulcimers