Download all songs instead of clicking on each one

Help for new mountain dulcimer players of all ages!

Download all songs instead of clicking on each one

Postby HoosierInFL » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 pm

I've been playing the mountain dulcimer for a few months now. I would like to build up my collection of TAB sheet music. This site has plenty, but is there any way to download all the songs at once? Or must I click on every song and download each one manually?
HoosierInFL
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Download all songs instead of clicking on each one

Postby KenH » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi HoosierinFL;

Welcome to our little corner of musical Paradise. Where are you in Florida? I'm in Fort Myers, on the Gulf Coast. There are a pretty good number of players around, and a nice festival up in Mount Dora every February.

Sorry, you'll have to download each one you want separately. Don't think I've seen a site that would let you 'mass copy' a bunch of pages like that.
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby HoosierInFL » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:40 pm

I figured that was the case. Thanks.

I am in Fort Myers as well.
HoosierInFL
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Give me a call, it would be fun to play some together. 239 dash 628 dash 2427 is my cell. I spend half my time (more or less) on my sailboat downtown at the City Yacht Basin. The rest of the time, like now, I'm at my Lady Sally's house in The Villas.

Do you know there is a group which meets here in Tuesday nights?
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby frets alot » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

HoosierInFL wrote:I've been playing the mountain dulcimer for a few months now. I would like to build up my collection of TAB sheet music. This site has plenty, but is there any way to download all the songs at once? Or must I click on every song and download each one manually?

Take some time and sit down at your computer. Play a little of each song. You'll find there are songs you really like that you want to download/print. You'll also find there are songs that you'd just soon pass on (too hard, don't like, etc.). It's a fun process to go through to find the best songs for you, instead of getting a huge number, many of which you'll never do anything with. Then, watch the tabs for "new tabs" and go through those on a regular basis.
frets alot
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby HoosierInFL » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 pm

KenH wrote:Give me a call, it would be fun to play some together. 239 dash 628 dash 2427 is my cell. I spend half my time (more or less) on my sailboat downtown at the City Yacht Basin. The rest of the time, like now, I'm at my Lady Sally's house in The Villas.

Do you know there is a group which meets here in Tuesday nights?

I've been to one of their meetings. It is extremely difficult for me to make it due to my work schedule. One of the guys in the club is giving me some lessons.

It would be fun to play with others but I've got a ways to go before I will feel confident enough to do it. There is about 5 songs that I can play decently well. At the club meeting, it was difficult for me because I am not to the point where I can look away from the fingerboard, which means if I don't have a song memorized, I can't play along.
HoosierInFL
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby KenH » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am

Maybe there's a club I don't know about. The one I went to last night only has one regular male member. I only go there occasionally as they all play from tab, and play a bunch of songs I don't know at speeds too slow for comfort.

Anyway, you don't have to have a huge repertoire to get together and play/learn with me. The way you "get comfortable playing with others" is start small -- one or two people not 8 or a dozen -- playing songs you know. I'm more than willing to help, and since I'm retired I can work around your work schedule.
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby tentmaker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

You might try the Western North Carolina Dulcimer Cooperative at wncdc.com for tunes tabbed in both DAA and DAd tunings along with mp3's. Still takes multiple clicks but the mp3's are nice to have when learning the tunes. Steve Smith is a frequent poster of tunes here on ED and publishes a monthly newsletter which includes new tunes.
tentmaker

Postby Steve Smith » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for the plug, but make that wncdc.org - I don't know who the dot com one is! Now back to working on the 4th Quarter newsletter...
Steve Smith

Postby tentmaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Steve Smith wrote:Thanks for the plug, but make that wncdc.org - I don't know who the dot com one is! Now back to working on the 4th Quarter newsletter...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry Steve and I have all your CD's from day of old which I of course ordered via wncdc.org. Thanks for correcting it and all you do for the mountain dulcimer world.
By the way if you go for the dot com version you get sent to the dot org site - smart computers aye? I guess you are the only "wncdc" Google knows. :D
tentmaker

Postby HoosierInFL » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm

KenH wrote:Maybe there's a club I don't know about. The one I went to last night only has one regular male member. I only go there occasionally as they all play from tab, and play a bunch of songs I don't know at speeds too slow for comfort.

Anyway, you don't have to have a huge repertoire to get together and play/learn with me. The way you "get comfortable playing with others" is start small -- one or two people not 8 or a dozen -- playing songs you know. I'm more than willing to help, and since I'm retired I can work around your work schedule.

My free time is limited but I will give you a call in the near future.

Thanks.
HoosierInFL
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Return to Mountain Dulcimer Beginner's Area