Charles Napoleon Prichard Family History On-Line

Share tidbits of dulcimer history, or history of the songs we play on them

Charles Napoleon Prichard Family History On-Line

Postby Banjimer » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:46 pm

There is a family history online for the Prichard Family, including Charles Napoleon Prichard and his brother, John Wesley Prichard. Both are known as early dulcimer makers. While there is nothing specifically related to the dulcimer, it does include some information on where the family came from that could cause one to speculate on where Prichard picked up his ideas for making a dulcimer.

The family history was published in book form. It is titled "Descendants of William Prichard" by A.M. Prichard, Charlestown, West Virginia, March, 1912. It includes CN Prichard's birth and death dates, as well as those of his wife and three daughters.

You can download a printable copy or find one on the Advanced Book Exchange where I found both an original and a reprint available.

Those interested can take a look online at the URL below:

http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/docum ... 1000&REC=7

Enjoy!

Greg
Banjimer
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: Charles Napoleon Prichard Family History On-Line

Postby dbennett » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Greg, I know this is pretty old. I tried to follow the URL but alas it too is history. Do you nkow of another source for the family Prichard history you mentioned?
dbennett

Re: Charles Napoleon Prichard Family History On-Line

Postby Banjimer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:27 am

Try this link for the Prichard Family History "The Descendants of William Prichard". Several pages at the beginning and end are blank so you will have to flip through the pages to find the information on charles Napoleon Prichard and his brother, John Wesley Prichard.

https://archive.org/stream/descendantso ... 5/mode/2up

Try Page 23 for John Wesley Prichard and Page 25 for Charles Napoleon Prichard. Published in 1912, it has no mention of dulcimer-making.
Banjimer

Return to History of Dulcimers and Songs