Last night (2/3/2012) I was able to roll out the first pieces of the new site organization. If you haven't looked at the non-discussion side, please do. I welcome your thoughts. It is simple, clean and uncluttered (and I can get my hands around it to maintain!).
Some notes regarding this...
- For right now, any content updates should just be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I've already had some club updates, which is WONDERFUL!
- Site registration will not be done through the discussion. So, if you want to register, use the register button on the DISCUSSION. If you are already registered, you're all set.
- For those that have content that is tied to their registration (clubs, events, etc) - you WILL eventually be able to maintain your content as before, but this is phase 2. Right now, my focus is in getting all of our lists displaying in easy-to-navigate interfaces. For now, I'll manually update content as I get your emails.
- The next thing I would like to get displaying is our events! I feel a great deal of commitment to supporting our festivals.
- After that, it will be builders, teachers and performers lists (these are in the same place), then articles...then I think I can relax and do some fun things like get a contest going, figure out a good way for us to share pics, etc.
****A special thank you to Heidi James. She contacted me as I was settling in and asked me if I needed any graphics design help. I said "Heck yeah!" because I'm functional at making things work, but I don't have a graphical designer's eye AT ALL! But, she came up with the overall look of the new site, which I think it very nice. I love the logo too...to the point and not over-stated. She did a nice job. Please thank her as you can. This helped me out tremendously!
As always I welcome your thoughts! Stay tuned for more!