Blue Lion Mountain Dulcimer Style IIRH For Sale

New and Used Mountain Dulcimers

Blue Lion Mountain Dulcimer Style IIRH For Sale

Postby dulcimerman1962 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 pm

I offer for sale a beautiful Blue Lion IIRH mountain dulcimer in very good to excellent condition.
If you are looking at this listing you know that Blue Lion make arguably the best dulcimers in the world and that their quality and sound is unrivaled.

The condition of the instrument is very good to excellent. There is some wear from normal play. No major dents and no cracks.
This is one of the flagship models from Blue Lion. Custom signature Rose inlay. Custom heart soundholes.
Serial #1810 built in 1993.

East Indian Rosewood back and sides.
Western Red Cedar soundboard top.
Bookmatched back, sides, top and peghead.
Honduras mahogany fingerboard with rosewood overlay.
Rose inlay in mother of pearl, abalone.
Inlaid wood marquetry backstrip.
Satin lacquer finish.
Ebony nut and saddle.
Scroll peghead w/ planetary tuners.

I own two other Blue Lion dulcimers for the simple fact that they are the best dulcimers made in my opinion and I have played for 42 years.

The sound and build quality are superb but cannot justify having 3 Blue Lions (I am selling one of the two 4-string Blue Lions and keeping a 6-string Blue Lion).

Blue Lion dulcimers are exceedingly rare. They are in high demand with a long backlog if you wish to have one made by Bob and Janita at their Blue Lion boutique luthier shop in Santa Margarita, California.

It is my understanding that their waiting list is quite long. I believe this dulcimer would probably cost from $1500 to $1,800 new with the features that this one has and I encourage you to look this up on their website.

It will ship w a quality gigbag fully insured.

I am asking $995 plus $79 shipping and will gladly send pictures on request. Please feel free to contact me through the forum or cell 503-998-5006 or email scottsnyderadr@gmail.com

PayPal or Square or cashier's check please. I have perfect feedback on Ebay as well on over 400 transactions as both a buyer and seller and have been playing and performing on dulcimer for 42 years.
dulcimerman1962
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Blue Lion Mountain Dulcimer Style IIRH For Sale

Postby dulcimerman62 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:25 pm

I appreciate the inquiries so far.

Price reduction to $950 plus shipping

I will send pictures directly if you email me at scottsnyderadr@gmail.com
dulcimerman62
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Blue Lion Mountain Dulcimer Style IIRH For Sale

Postby dulcimerman62 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Dulcimer 1.jpg