Watauga lake dulcimers

All strummers welcome!

Watauga lake dulcimers

Postby DulciBob81 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

Who has playing experience with Watauga lake dulcimers? What do you think of them? They have kind of a unique design. Their price tag is very nice; definitely one of the more affordable builders I have found. Just judging from the youtube demonstrations on the website they sound good enough, but I would like to here from more people who have actually played one, ot at least heard one in person.
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Re: Watauga lake dulcimers

Postby KenH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:52 am

Sorry DulciBob -- I never heard of Watauga Lake, or dulcimers made there until I did a Google search.
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Re: Watauga lake dulcimers

Postby dulcimom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm

I owned one for a short time. It had a very nice sound and the workmanship was excellent. I sold it because I didn't really need another dulcimer and it had a floating bridge, which I did not care for. It was a personal preference - I have had others in the past with that feature and just don't care for it. Morgan was great to work with and added a few extras at no additional charge. The one I purchased had tiny sound holes, but a remarkably big voice. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his instruments as they are well built and reasonably priced.
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Return to Playing Mountain Dulcimers