Old Rich Mullins Video of HD Instrumental; Plus Creed

If you put a video on the web, announce here and be sure to load it to your profile in the Dulcimer Life section. All your videos will then be available in one place on Everything Dulcimer. You can also link your videos here, but start a collection in Dulcimer Life. It's easy!

Old Rich Mullins Video of HD Instrumental; Plus Creed

Postby fiddle-n-hammer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm

This was just posted on youtube. It has Rich's old black Dulcimer (before his Dusty Strings). Recorded in the late 80's.
It's not a master piece, but some here may enjoy it.

I'm working on getting this posted right this time! Maybe!

Last edited by fiddle-n-hammer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fiddle-n-hammer
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Re: Old Rich Mullins Video of unknown HD Instrumental

Postby kwl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Tyler, thanks for sharing this video. I didn't know there was a new Rich Mullins video available on YouTube. Now, go back and re-read my instructions. If they don't make sense let me know.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby fiddle-n-hammer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks for your help.
Got it, finally!! ;)
Last edited by fiddle-n-hammer on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
fiddle-n-hammer

Postby kwl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 am

Tyler, glad to see that you got the hang of it.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby fiddle-n-hammer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Okay, I have finally figured it out. Thanks.
Here is another one that was just posted, just HD and a Guitar.

fiddle-n-hammer

Re: Old Rich Mullins Video of HD Instrumental; Plus Creed

Postby MarkH » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:55 pm

What kind of hammered dulcimer did Rich play before he got his D25? It looks like he played a 14/13 (maybe? I could have miscounted) in the second video, but I have no clue who made it.

Also, how did he play in E for that version of Creed? The D25 doesn't even have the D#5, and certainly not on the treble bridge. Did he retune down 1 1/2 whole steps?

Cool videos, though. Especially for a total Rich Mullins music addict like me. Thanks, Tyler!
MarkH
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby fiddle-n-hammer » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm

MarkH wrote:What kind of hammered dulcimer did Rich play before he got his D25? It looks like he played a 14/13 (maybe? I could have miscounted) in the second video, but I have no clue who made it.

Also, how did he play in E for that version of Creed? The D25 doesn't even have the D#5, and certainly not on the treble bridge. Did he retune down 1 1/2 whole steps?

Cool videos, though. Especially for a total Rich Mullins music addict like me. Thanks, Tyler!

Hey, look at the guy's channel who posted this, he has tons of Rich stuff that he's putting up.
I read somewhere that he had a 13/12, but as for what maker I'm not sure. (I have read it once somewhere but am not sure) I think I see I capo on the first fret on the guitar, and it looks like he's playing an 'E' chord. So they might be playing in F. I know he played 'Creed many times in F and recorded it in F.

Glad you enjoyed them!! I know I do!
fiddle-n-hammer

Postby MarkH » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm

You're right, Tyler; there is a capo on the first fret. (I don't play guitar, unfortunately, so I can't tell by sight whether Mitch was playing an E chord, but you're doubtless correct about that too.)

However, it still sounds like E to me. To double-check, I brought up the music video of Rich Mullins' "Creed", (although they just used the version he recorded) in a new window and clicked back and forth between the two, and the one of just Rich and Mitch (wow, I never said those names together like that-- :D ) definitely sounds lower than the studio version.

Maybe my ear is just out in left field...

Interesting though! (And I'll have to watch this person's channel.)
MarkH
Member (51-100 posts)

Return to Links to Dulcimer Videos and Audio Files