EverythingDulcimer
Melody Farrand

Has anyone heard good or bad about Jack Ferguson Appalachian Flutes & Dulcimers?

I was wondering if anyone has heard or played any of Jack Ferguson Appalachian Flutes & Dulcimers?

I am looking for a professional quality dulcimer.  Thanks for any and all input.

Jack makes very professional, beautiful, and great modern sounding dulcimers (not my personal style of instrument to play).  I've seen and heard a number of his, and they sound and look really nice.  From everything I've heard, you won't go wrong with one of his.

Jack is probably the only person of whom I know who has made a dulcimer out of dogwood other than myself.  Dogwood is a very hard wood (harder than oak, hickory, black walnut, some rosewood varieties, and other hardwoods).  Check to see if he has any dogwood dulcimers.  (I'm not a person who makes dulcimers for sale like Jack).

Dave

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. This discussion is reassuring because I just ordered a Jack Ferguson dulcimer (red cedar over walnut).

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the "New/Old Everything Dulcimer!  You're gonna love your Ferguson when it arrives, I'm sure.  

In the Jam Sessions section , under Introductions, tell us about yourself and your dulcimer journey!

Edited by NoterMan