EverythingDulcimer
Sign in to follow this  
dfw

Send in the Clouds

I know this is copy righted but do you know of a tab for Send in the Clowns that is available for sale. I found it for guitar and uke but not for mountain dulcimer.

I don't know of anyone who has tabbed this out for mountain dulcimer, but there is plenty of sheet music out there. I've seen it written in E flat and E. You could transpose it in to D fr mountain dulcimer. As long as you don't sell or give away your tab, you're good with the copyright. If you want sell the tab, you need to work out a deal with the publisher.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

I tabbed it out in DAA years ago, and play it once in awhile.  But like KWL I've never seen published dulcimer tab or sheet music.  Have you checked Steve Seifert's Join the Jam books?  It might possibly be in there.  Also check with Sam Edelson and Tull Glazner they do a lot of modern music.  

I checked all of Stephen Seifert's books (I have his USB), not in any of those.  It's not in Dave Haas' Jam book or Fiddle Tunes book either.  I also went through most of the stuff Bing Futch has put out, also not there. 

It's also not in the older books like Cripple Creek Dulcimer Book or Best Dulcimer Method Yet.

You may have to tab this one out from sheet music or by ear.

Send in the Clowns was written by Stephen Sondheim and was in one his musicals. That's not the usual dulcimer fare, so you will probably need to tab it out yourself.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song,"