EverythingDulcimer

Right now I put my dulcimers back in their case when I'm done playing, but I'd like to have get a stand for them.  My main motivation is ease of access, so I can just grab one and play when I sit down in the living room.  I'd also like to display them, like folks do with guitars. 

Does anyone have recommendations for a good stand?  I did some searching, but most of what I came up with were either hammered dulcimer stands or generic instrument stands that looked like they may not work well for a dulcimer. 

I've seen purpose-built dulcimer display stands promoted on some of the FB dulcimer pages.  Building a stand to hold a couple dulcimers should not be hard.  I think most people hang them on an interior wall rather than putting them in a floor stand.     

Playing stands are another whole subject.  Keyboard stands work well, as do adjustable "granny-walkers" and folding restaurant tray tables.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, Marc Mathieu said:

I have a plan for an easy-to-build MD display stand that William Wright had shared a few years ago.

Please e-mail me at:   dulcimarc - at - gmail - dot - com    and I'd be more than happy to share it.

Marc M.

Thanks Marc!  I'd take you up on it, but I'm not in a position to do much in the way of woodworking at home currently.  Hopefully in a year or two. 🙂 

For this time around, I've got to go for one that's already built.

• 1 year later...