EverythingDulcimer

During Table Hill's last performance of 2019, @Adrian and I were playing for tips at the Blueberry Cafe in Clarksdale, Mississippi, and someone tipped us with a fruitcake! Have you ever received anything weird in your "love bucket" (that's what the tip bucket is called in Clarksdale)? Luckily, it was a really tasty fruitcake! :classic_laugh:

LoveBucket.jpeg

Edited by Carla Maxwell
  • Haha 2

That looks like the same fruitcake they sell here in the Clinton, TN, area, during holiday season.  They are good!

We played once around Saint Patrick's Day at a nearby meadery, a place where they make and sell meade.  There were several people coming into the building to buy meade and they stopped for a while to listen to us play some of our Irish tunes.  After we ended our set, the owners of the meadery gave us each several bottles of meade.  It was all good.

Dave

29 minutes ago, dholeton said:

We played once around Saint Patrick's Day at a nearby meadery, a place where they make and sell meade.  There were several people coming into the building to buy meade and they stopped for a while to listen to us play some of our Irish tunes.  After we ended our set, the owners of the meadery gave us each several bottles of meade.  It was all good.

Dave

Nice! (I had to Google Meade, but I now know what it is and that it is currently the fastest growing alcoholic beverage industry in the U.S.A.) 👏

I didn't know meade was the up and coming beverage in the USA.  The meade we received at our session was good, but they went out of business some time after our time at the place. 

So here's a little extra information.  At that time wine could not be sold in stores on Sundays in Tennessee but the meaderies and wineries were considered part of the tourist industry, so wine and meade were sold at wineries and meaderies on Sunday (not in stores). 

In the Robin Hood movie with Kevin Costner, he approaches the man that was a servant in his household early in the morning.  The previous night Robin and the man and others were sitting around the campfire drinking and telling stories..  So, Robin approaches the man who looks a little weary and asks him "too much meade?".   I interpreted the statement to mean "too much meat" until I learned about meade.  It's just one of those things and I often don't hear the exact words in movies but learn what was really said later.

Dave

• Haha 1

I was just looking through some old photos and found this one and remembered the special tip one Australian gave @Adrian and me while we were in Clarksdale. We were tipped well with Australian dollars AND U.S. dollars. We were very appreciative! 

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

13 hours ago, dholeton said:

Wow, there is a twenty in there!  What is the item that has a large 20 on it?

Dave

That's $20 Australian, and we were certainly appreciative, as we could use it!