Jump to content

What is the name of a dulcimer type instrument that has half played with sticks and the other half is played with a bow?

Recommended Posts

Got a picture?   Your description is somewhat vague.  Sticks play on one end while a bow plays on the other?  Sometimes played with stricks, sometimes with a bow?  I play my orindary dulcimer by fretting with a stick called a noter, andcan also bow the same instrument.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am as confused by your question as Noterman. I'm not sure what you mean by "dulcimer type." That could apply to several instruments. I understand bow (I think, like a violin) but sticks is confusing. How are the sticks used?


"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...