EverythingDulcimer

I just joined this site and I'm looking forward to participating here when time allows.  Here is a test of the link function (it required a certain method on the old site).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgGlz08JW_Q

Here's also a test for adding a pdf file and an mp3 file.

Also, it's not to soon to start working on songs that will be popular on February Two.

Dave

GroundHog_DAA_Dulcimer.pdf Groundhog_DAA.mp3

I added something in every forum category where I felt I had something to add.  Hopefully others will start signing up and adding their own topics.

Dave

I was an ED member about a decade or so ago.  Never did get real good at the mountain dulcimer (what I grew up hearing called "hog fiddles"), but I was having fun with them no matter what everyone else in the family had to say about my playing.  I took a break from them several years ago and I've recently found a rekindled interest in them.  I've been toying around building cigar box guitars, but never learned to play the guitar which has got me to thinking about building a dulcimer.  At least then I can play what I build (although I'm pretty rusty on the dulcimer).  

Anyway, if yall don't mind putting up with my nonsense, I'll be hanging around some.  

JDB

...and easier to build that cigar-box guitars!   Welcome.  You got questions?  We make up pretty good answers.

• Like 1

Welcome Jay. If you need help along the line with your building, let us know. 

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Welcome to Everything Dulcimer Kevin. You may recall that I welcomed you to FOTMD as well.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

• Like 1

Howdy Schmidtrock!    Tell us what you play -- instrument, music style, all that stuff.  Any way we can help, just ask.  There are no dumb questions, just ones we haven't answered yet.

Posted (edited)

Hi there! Well I'm just getting started with the dulcimer, I have a small I guess it would be considered a back packer tear drop by Applecreek. It's a four string and so far I've just been learning stuff in DAD. I eventually want to learn Old Time and Appalachian style. In my picture here is my Watauga County Fretless mountain banjo by John Peterson. I am learning it as well and just about have the clawhammer bum-ditty down. I look forward to Old Time music on it as well. As a child I was classically trained on the piano for over eight years and still play that. I do popular contemporary as well as classical on the keys. And I've been learning the guitar for over forty years. 😄 I thought that being a pianist it would correlate. Hah! Anyway I enjoy folk fingerstyle on the guitar. I love most music styles and can listen to anything except cRap. Class rock of the sixties, seventies and very early eighties gets me going. Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning a lot here from all of you accomplished dulcimer players.

Edited by Schmidtrock