Jump to content
EverythingDulcimer
Admin

Reply to this post to have a festival added to the list

Recommended Posts

I'm glad to see folks are finding their way here and I hope to make the site as useful to community as possible.  I've had a couple requests to add events to the festivals page, and I'm happy to.  My plan for the festival list (and other lists) is to have the ability for everyone to add directly to it.  That's still a work in progress and may be a few months off. 

In the mean time, I can update the list manually.  The ones on the list are just events I'm familiar with, but I want to add as many possible.  Reply below with:

  1. Festival Name
  2. Location (city, state) (and country if outside the US)
  3. Dates
  4. A link to the website

and I'll get them added to the list 🙂  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 3:48 PM, Admin said:

I'm glad to see folks are finding their way here and I hope to make the site as useful to community as possible.  I've had a couple requests to add events to the festivals page, and I'm happy to.  My plan for the festival list (and other lists) is to have the ability for everyone to add directly to it.  That's still a work in progress and may be a few months off. 

In the mean time, I can update the list manually.  The ones on the list are just events I'm familiar with, but I want to add as many possible.  Reply below with:

  1. Festival Name
  2. Location (city, state) (and country if outside the US)
  3. Dates
  4. A link to the website

and I'll get them added to the list 🙂  

19th Annual Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete

Port Allen, Louisiana (across the Mississippi River bridge) from Baton Rouge

March 12-14, 2020

lagniappedulcimerBR.org

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lagniappe Dulcmer Society said:

19th Annual Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete

Port Allen, Louisiana (across the Mississippi River bridge) from Baton Rouge

March 12-14, 2020

lagniappedulcimerBR.org

Added! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waterbound Dulcimers

Mountain Dulcimer Workshop, Kinston NC

Queen Street United Methodist Church

April 18, 2020

contact:  Nancy Galambush at galambushn@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, Upper Potomac Dulcimer Fes said:

Upper Potomac Spring Dulcimer Fest

Added!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Nancy said:

Waterbound Dulcimers

Mountain Dulcimer Workshop, Kinston NC

Queen Street United Methodist Church

April 18, 2020

contact:  Nancy Galambush at galambushn@gmail.com

@Nancy I've added it to the list.  Do you have a website link for the workshop?  I don't have a good way to add an email contact to the database currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Max from Ashokan said:

Please add the following event to your list.

  1. Autoharps & Dulcimers 2

Added!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Festival Name:  New Mexico Dulcimer Festival
  2. Location (city, state) (and country if outside the US) Albuquerque, NM
  3. Dates:  October 16-17, 2020
  4. A link to the website:  https://www.nmdulcfest.com/

 

Hi, dulcimer friend. Only today in updating our fest website for our 2020 festival and checking the status of the links on our "LINKS" page did I find out you had taken over the domain with a goal to provide similar information. Thank you so much for this labor of love! While you made several personal comments on the new everythingdulcimer about how you found the dulcimer and such, I appear to have missed who you are? Please let me know so I can extend my warm friendship.

My wife and I founded the New Mexico Dulcimer Festival in 2010. At that time, there were only four dulcimer festivals that we knew of in the entire western US. Today, I think that number is up to about seven. We originally thought we'd only be serving players from NM, AZ, CO, and TX. Into our 11th year, we are delighted to have had attendees from 26 US states (Maine to Washington state, Florida to California, Alaska) plus Canada. 

If you're willing, please share an email where we can keep in touch.

Very thankful for you,

Scott (and Irma) Reeder

Albuquerque, NM (co-founders of the New Mexico Dulcimer festival)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, Carla Maxwell said:

Australian Dulcimer Retreat

Tasma House and Gardens

33-39 Table Hill rd

Daylesford, Victoria

August 28-30, 2020

Event website coming soon! Venue information: www.TasmaHouse.com

The Delta Blues Dulcimer Revival has been rescheduled to November 5-7, 2020. All other details are the same. www.DeltaBluesDulcimerRevival.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carla Maxwell said:

 

The Delta Blues Dulcimer Revival has been rescheduled to November 5-7, 2020. All other details are the same. www.DeltaBluesDulcimerRevival.com

Great timing, I was just looking around for festival updates as a lot of the ones in April are being cancelled or postponed.  Glad to hear it will still take place this year and that you're able to reschedule! 

Hope you are well, stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 2:18 PM, Irma said:
  1. Festival Name:  New Mexico Dulcimer Festival
  2. Location (city, state) (and country if outside the US) Albuquerque, NM
  3. Dates:  October 16-17, 2020
  4. A link to the website:  https://www.nmdulcfest.com/

 

Hi Irma,  I just noticed this.  For some reason I didn't get a notification about your post.  No worries - your festival is already on the list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...